Sunday, February 3, 2013

tool 10


1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens. 
Good digital citizenship is of the utmost importance for students to understand because there are predators on line that could harm them, everyone leaves behind a digital footprint that cannot be erased, and it is important for students to have the tools to develop healthy, beneficial, and collaborative relationships online.

2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally.
Cool Cat Teacher's Blog on the Deep Web: This has really peaked by interest. I look forward to doing more research on the Deep Web. I have already found web-site I've never seen before with general searches. I definitely what to share this with my students.

3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students.
I will introduce the topic to them and ask them to discuss what it means to be a good digital citizen in small groups. After the students have had an opportunity to share some of their ideas I will discuss the safety issues and benefits with them. I think it would also be good to have each group do a little research of their own and present their findings.

4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents.
I will probably send a letter home to parents informing them about being a good digital citizen and what this means for their child. I will require that the students return the letter signed by one of their gardians.

No comments:

Post a Comment