Saturday, January 5, 2013

tool 2

Share you thoughts about building and participating in an online community and participating in a PLN:
For tool 2 I chose to sign up with google reader and bookmark blogs that interest me. I personally don't enjoy sitting behind a computer unless it is work related. I found several blogs related to physics, and teaching. My searches pertained to resources that can help me as a physics teacher. I know this will be a useful tool for me when it comes to saving time looking up resource. I have a feeling I will bookmark websites frequently and start sharing them with friends and colleagues.

Two sites I plan to visit often are: Physics and Physical Science Demos, Labs, and Projects for High School Teachers; and Science Daily: Physics News.
Physics and Physical Science Demos... has some great ideas. Many of the posts I read are twists on boring out dated labs that include more technology, and student centered involvement.
In order for me to be the "expert" in my classroom I think that it is important for me to stay up to date on the current research in physics. I will certainly be able to do that by following the Science Daily: Physics News.

No comments:

Post a Comment